Sunday, November 25, 2012

More Thoughts On Grace

"Grace" is one of those words that has no concrete meaning to me, so it is hard for me to conceptualize. In recent weeks I have come across references to grace in various books I am reading.  I mentioned grace in a blog post not long ago. Here are a few more thoughts about God's grace that have made me ponder. These come from the book, 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life. This book has been one of the most significant books I've been reading this past year. I read a page a day and try to absorb its wisdom. (It's one of those memorable books I'd like to give to all my friends!) The references to grace that jumped out at me are:

We need it daily: "Our worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And our best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace." (Jerry Bridges)

We need to consciously use it: "Each time I feel frustrated I remind myself  I am not receiving grace (God's energy) for the task at hand." (Joyce Meyer)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment