Friday, August 24, 2012

Update on Finding a COLOR VALUE FINDER

I have been hunting for a quilting (and sketching) tool - a color value finder that helps distinguish between colors that look the same at a distance.

Ottawa has a number of quilt shops, but I don't visit them too often... the temptation to buy is too great. I rarely need fabric - I have a stash on hand. And I usually have several unfinished projects on the go, so I don't need more "inspiration"!

The Ottawa Valley Quilters Guild website lists the quilt shops in our area... I decided to start with one I know quite well, The Running Stitch. I was lucky: I bought their very last color evaluator!














 This Cottage Mills Color Evaluator has both red and green viewers - one that blocks out reds...














 ...the other greens. (Other colors appear like shades of grey.)














I was delighted... but of course...














I was "inspired" to buy a few patterns while I was there. Soon I'll have more projects on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment