Thursday, August 2, 2012

Found Flowers

Years ago, before my back garden bed was overwhelmed by goutweed, I planted these tiny delicate flowers in several colors. As the goutweed spread, they disappeared.














I thought they were long gone, choked out by the invasive white and green leaves that cover everything.














Imagine my surprise when - in the current drought - I noticed them growing in the dry grass. (I've put a pen down beside one to show how tiny they are.)














Here on the lawn, they are usually cut down before they get a chance to bloom! Nearby in the dry grass, tiny daisies are also in bloom. I'm not sure if I once planted them or if they're wild flowers.














My plan now is to move these blooms to another flower bed -  before the grass turns green again and I lose sight of where they are.... and before the lawnmower gets a chance to cut them down. (They're obviously hardy and drought-resistant!)

No comments:

Post a Comment