Friday, August 3, 2012

Putting Quilt Pieces Together

These hot summer days have been an ideal time to work on the two-color quilt I started a few weeks ago.














It's always fun to see the pieces come together... At this stage, I don't like to stop until it's all done. This part usually takes a few hours.














There! The quilt top is finished!














This is when I discover that my medium red and my dark red are the same tone or darkness. In fact, in the picture they look the same color! My daughter suggested that, in choosing colors, I squint when I look at them. That way I won't see the fabric design - only the color. I obviously didn't do that well! This will change the way the design looks on the finished quilt. Nothing I can do now, but hope that this new design I have created by mistake is interesting too!

Now to decide how to quilt it: by machine or by hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment