Monday, February 8, 2010

My Motivational Gimmick

Aren't you a little old to be playing games? my husband asked me after reading my blog post, The Power of TEN.

I was taken aback...

But that's what I do, I said. I've done it all my life. It's a motivational gimmick that I use when I feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the task... I want to do something - but I know I can't do it all in one shot. In fact, I read an article on organization in the newspaper recently that suggests breaking a task down and prioritizing, if it's too large to do all at once.

Well, if it works for you...

You probably don't understand because you're an all-or-nothing kind of person... which is why you procrastinate until you have the energy, determination, stamina - whatever it takes - to do it all...

He nodded, I guess so...

Even after so many years together, we are still trying to figure each other out! And sometimes it's the blog that gets us talking....

No comments:

Post a Comment