Saturday, February 20, 2010

Music Bridges the Generations

Strange - our tastes in music...

One of my adult kids loves Johnny Cash, a singer who was already popular when I was a child. I grew up listening to Johnny Cash songs on the radio. Even in his old age (when my son became a fan), Johnny Cash was a great performer ... Here he is singing I Walk the Line, one of my favorites.

Ironically, two of my favorite singers are much younger. In fact, they're about the same age as my kids!

My current favorite Canadian singer, Jenn Grant, (from Prince Edward Island) writes and sings her own songs. This video gives a taste of her sound... To listen to my absolute favorite, a song called Morning Break, you have to choose it from the column on the right on this CBC radio website.

And of course, for years I've loved Josh Groban, especially his song, You Raise Me Up...

Is there anything like music to bring the generations together...?!

(Well,... sometimes it does keep them apart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment