Monday, March 2, 2009

Escape from the Ice and Cold...














For the first time ever, I have taken a holiday to get away from winter.... And it was well worth the effort!

















Sun, beaches, warmth.







It seemed strange to be in buildings where windows and doors weren't necessary. They complained that it was cool - but I loved the unwavering 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit) day and night.

It is usually 85 degrees Fahrenheit
(or 30 degrees Celsius) someone told us.


When someone complained about the cold, I replied: This isn't cold! In Canada, where I live, it is -15 degrees Celsius (5 degrees Fahrenheit) today.

I can't imagine weather that cold
, the person told me.

How could I describe it? When I walked out of the Ottawa airport last night- after seven days in warm, balmy weather - I knew what I could campare it to. It was like walking into the large freezer room of a butcher shop on a hot day...

No comments:

Post a Comment