Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bugs: A Sure Sign of Spring

Today alone I have caught 4 creepy-crawlers moving around indoors. To me that is a sure sign of spring!

How do I deal with these little critters, you might ask...

Well, we have a bug-wand... the handiest little invention around.















Bug wands are small plastic vacuum cleaners - with long clear tubes (or wands). They run on a 9-volt battery, sucking up spiders, flies and bugs - which you can then toss outdoors by removing the plastic tube or the cover that fits on the open end. No need to squish or kill! No mess!

Unfortunately, bug wands are hard to find where we live. We happened to find this one a few years ago and bought it, not knowing how great this little invention was. We've looked for them ever since, wanting to buy a few more, but haven't seen any.

I have seen them online, and may go that route if this one ever breaks. But I'm hoping to come across one again. If I do, I will buy one for every floor of the house... and a few for gifts.

We all love this little bug wand... and can't imagine bug-season without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment