Tuesday, May 2, 2023

My Tulip War... with Squirrels!

For some reason, squirrels like to eat the red tulip flowers in my front garden bed. I'm not sure why, but they bite off the flowers, which they then leave, lying next to the stem. I haven't noticed them doing that with any of my other tulips.


To prevent them, I sprinkle pepper on the flowers! It sometimes works, but not always.

A few days ago, I happened to notice that the red tulips were beginning to bloom. 

Should I go and get the pepper mill? I wondered as I stepped closer ...


Oh, oh! Too late! One flower is already gone!


A few days later, several more were blooming - but now a second flower had been bitten off!


I sprinkled pepper on all the remaining flowers, but it's been raining, so it may not help!

No comments:

Post a Comment