Wednesday, May 24, 2023

My First Medal Arrives!


When I started to virtually walk the Jesus Trail in Israel last month - walking mostly indoors while an app calculated my daily steps, transferring the data onto a map of  the REAL trail in a REAL place - I didn't know how I'd feel. I didn't expect a sense of euphoria - just contentment that I'd managed to walk 64 kilometres in less than two weeks. It was a personal challenge.


But when the metal arrived a few days ago, it was a special moment - a validation that I had done it!


If virtually, then why not physically?! A sense of possibility...

Step by step, it's really not that hard - on the smooth floor of an air-conditioned shopping centre. But, if you factor in the heat (or rain), the bugs, the rocks, the hilly terrain of the REAL path... it wouldn't be quite that easy!

But the distance - walking 60 km ... or even 1000... is possible - bit by bit, day by day!

I wonder how far I could walk in a year...

No comments:

Post a Comment