Saturday, May 20, 2023

Gardening Update: Mid-May

It's a joy to see the lilacs in bloom...

Q

Terry trimmed back the pine branches that were blocking our view of the lilac bush from the house. I really appreciate his effort - and tried to help a bit by holding the ladder steady.


Also in bloom is the euphorbia. I divided this plant last year, so there are now two bunches in the front bed as well. They always look so tidy!

The anemones are starting to bloom...


The lily of the valley, as well...


I also noticed a solitary hellebores flower - in the side garden bed. The hellebores are among the earliest flowers to bloom in spring - so I'm surprised to see it's still blooming.


Indoors one lone African violet plant is blooming next to my only orchid...  I used to have a lot of African violets, but now only have this one.


I can never have too many flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment