Monday, May 22, 2023

Indoor / Outdoor Gardening

A few days ago, I worked on some of my indoor plants outdoors, where I have more space to work... and where spilled soil is no problem.


The first plant I worked on was this Peace Lily. It used to bloom annually, but hasn't for a few years. I wonder why...


Oh, no! I've never seen a plant this root bound! I took a knife and scissors to it and divided the plant into three. 


Hope they all do well.


Next, I cut the wax coating off the three waxed amaryllis plants I bought last Christmas. Then I  potted them. 


Now I'll have to start watering them! I'm not sure whether to leave them indoors or take them out - where squirrels could nibble on them.


As I was tidying up, I noticed some pale yellow tulips in the side garden bed. I remember planting them. They're doing well - probably because the squirrels leave them alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment