Monday, November 25, 2019

Trying to Help

A few weeks ago, Terry and I headed to Toronto and Guelph for two special reasons:

Terry was going to help our daughter move from one apartment to another. When she first mentioned her move, he said: Well it's too hard for me to help you this time. I'm getting older, you know...

The next time he talked to her, I heard him say: We need to check into renting a truck...

It's hard to stop doing what you've always done!

A few days later, our Toronto son and his family drove to Guelph with me to check out our daughter’s new home and neighbourhood.



For my part, I was planning on staying in Toronto to babysit our granddaughter while her mother was in the hospital having a baby... And as we all know, one is never quite sure when that event is going to happen...

I spent my time enjoying my three-year-old granddaughter, playing make believe games...

I thought about the three times I was in the hospital giving birth to my own children... I was more nervous about this new birth than I was about any of my own...! (Or maybe I've simply forgotten!)

Sometimes standing by and watching is harder than doing things yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment