Friday, November 29, 2019

Play is Good Exercise!

One of my mother's sisters lost 10 pounds in one month - babysitting her grandchildren. Retired (like me), she normally lived a sedentary life, much like I do... But for that one month, she was always on the go.  A lot of her walking was up and down stairs.

I thought of her when I arrived in Toronto to help look after my granddaughter. My right knee and hip were bothering me. Doing stairs was a struggle. Would I lose any weight?!

After 3 weeks, I felt great! No need to think about physiotherapy for my knee or hip now! Playing with a three-year-old was great exercise!

One day, in fact, I climbed 13 flights of stairs, according to my phone app. (But I didn’t come close to my aunt’s weight loss record... In three weeks, I only lost 2 pounds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment