Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Latest Crafty Project...

Like most crafters, I have a lot of unfinished projects in my upstairs sewing/craft storage room...

When I completed my last sweater - the yellow one, knit top down - I discovered that I had partly-finished afghan tucked away in my yarn stash. I was using the Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern shown here...








Over the years, I've made two afghans using this pattern... Both are popular with the TV viewers in the family.















But I've had to add a border to both to make them long enough.















It's a very easy pattern to follow - rows of 24 stitches in garter stitch, back and forth, turning at the corners. I could probably even do this stitch while traveling on the train or in a car.

I'm not sure who this afghan will be for - but I'm enjoying making it. It's also very satisfying to use up yarn from my stash upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment