Thursday, November 7, 2019

A New Look in Our Front Yard

This is a tree I killed two years ago when I sprayed a herbicide on the gout weed that has infested our front garden bed.

The gout weed survived, but the tree died - or at least most of it did. Terry recently trimmed off the branches.

On one side, at the bottom of the trunk, a few leaves are still growing.












Recently my neighbor Earl (Mary's husband) offered to cut it down.

Now that the trunk is down, I'm hoping that next year it will sprout again - if some of the roots are still alive.



Then we can begin the growing cycle again.

I'm looking forward to the gardening I'll be able to do around the stump until it grows again... (Or should I say if it grows again?!)

According to the rings, the tree was 12 years old... For some reason I thought it was older than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment