Monday, November 11, 2019

My Type 2 Diabetes Update

A few weeks ago, I went off a type 2 diabetes medication because I thought might be causing my muscles and joints to swell. I was having a hard time walking, especially doing stairs. After three weeks, I'm feeling less stiff, though still not as limber as I used to be. (I talked to my family doctor about going off the medication and she supported my doing it.)

In the meantime, I decided to go meatless to see if a vegan - or mostly vegan - diet will help me. I'm definitely going to avoid eating meat and fish, though I'm not sure about milk products...

I read an interesting summary of recent research, published in 2018, on the link between a plant based diet and type 2 diabetes. There is enough research evidence showing that following a vegetarian diet curtails type 2 diabetes that I 'm going to give it a serious try.

In the meantime, I'm adding organic soybeans to my diet... soaking them overnight before adding them to the  vegetarian soups I make in order to eat more vegetables.

It's an interesting culinary adventure - trying to cure type 2 diabetes with the right food!

Click here for a link to the online article that I found so interesting I've read it twice. It's from the University of West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment