Saturday, December 22, 2018

Home-Made Gifts

A friend of ours often gives hand-made gifts - sweaters, quilts, and so on... (I'm not sure how she finds the time.)

When our daughter was born, she received a lovely hand-knit dress from this friend...

Occasionally I manage to make a few gifts, but not often.

This year (inspired by my neighbor Mary's book) I made Christmas stockings for my daughter's two cats...
















They weren't as elegant as the ones in the book - in fact, they're pretty "rustic" - but I was in a rush and I got them done!










And the cats seemed to enjoy them - or at least the bell attached to this one!

I also managed to make a pillow for my granddaughter.

She can put her head on flowers...









... or on a group of cats!

(Each side of the pillowcase is made of different fabric.)

It's fun to make things for people (or pets) who enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment