Friday, January 20, 2017

Preparing to Be Surprised!

My "baby surprise jacket" is progressing... The name suggests that the shape that is being knit as one follows instructions will surprisingly turn into a baby sweater - knit all in one piece.

I have been knitting along, anticipating that the front will look more or less like this...

But the sweater takes a new turn as I switch to white yarn, having run out of the green. I'm now wondering if I have unknowingly been knitting the sweater upside down! What I thought was the front may now turn out to be the sleeves!





As I near the end, I'm a little confused... I'm also preparing to be surprised!

Made of three different types of yarn from my mother's "stash," the jacket may look nicer than I thought at first...

I'll be delighted if it ends up being a useful garment for my granddaughter or some other child.

2 comments:

  1. The sweater is really looking pretty. I like it. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! Once I turned it around the right way, I liked it a lot more, too. I guess that's the surprise!

    ReplyDelete