Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Organizing Our Maps

Terry and I consult maps before we drive out of town. When we return, our maps go into our "map drawers." We each have one where we store not only maps but any travel information we have found useful. (My "map drawer" also doubles as one of my "junk drawers"!)

Recently I suggested we organize our maps and brochures into travel regions - Ontario, Quebec, and further afield.

That way we wouldn't have to go through so many maps when we planned our next trip.







Terry agreed. They are now neatly sorted, tucked away in boxes on a shelf...

(I hope I remember where we put them next time we need them! A "junk drawer" is such a handy organizing tool!)

One of our sons expressed surprise when he saw our little boxes...

You've organized maps?! he asked.

Aren't you impressed? I replied... 

No, actually, I'm shocked. The only maps I have, he replied, are the ones on my phone...

Now that's a generation gap! I hadn't realized that paper maps have become obsolete...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marlene! I found your blog while looking for some information regarding a new approach to composting (that means no compost piles, etc.). Then, I looked at your archive and noticed that you've been such a good blogger since 2009 - you post on your blog every day! Being a blogger myself, I can appreciate this! So, I decided to say Hi and wish you a Happy 2017! Happy Blogging and Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tatyana, somewhere in my gardening posts I may have mentioned composting. I don't know if I ever wrote about friends of mine who used to simply dig holes behind bushes in their fenced yard, fill them with garden waste compost - no meat or bones - and when the holes were full, they'd pile some dirt on top and move on to a new hole. They had no visible compost pile. Good luck on your gardening blog!

      Delete
    2. That's a very good idea! I have two compost piles, but still load a big container for the green waste dump every two weeks. I'll try to keep more green matter in my own garden!
      Thank you, Marlene, for looking at my blog! I used to post more often, but my boys are seniors in school now, and we all are very busy. Blogging is an excellent and very important brain workout. Looking at you archive (about 365 posts every year) helped me to remember that! Thank you!

      Delete