Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ginger Tea

My daughter recently mentioned that she often makes "tea" by pouring boiling water over a few chunks of ginger root, then letting it steep.

I decided to try ginger root tea as well. I first used her steeping method, but then - following an online recipe - I boiled some ginger for about 10 minutes.

I drank some as is. The rest I let cool.

The "ginger tea" on its own was a little strong for my taste... I prefer mixing it half and half with herbal or regular tea.

Ginger is thought to improve health... I remember students from Saudi Arabia telling me that they drank ginger tea when they had colds.

This article in the Times of India summarizes 8 health benefits of drinking ginger tea. Curing colds isn't one of them, but boosting immunity is.

No comments:

Post a Comment