Saturday, September 3, 2016

Late Summer Gardening

I have been doing more cutting back of plants than usual at this time of year, especially at the back of the house.

A wide garden bed runs all along the back of the yard, about six feet (or a meter and a half) deep. Over the years, I've planted a lot of flowers there. Some have thrived. Others haven't. And some have spread. These are the ones that I need to cut back every once in a while, ruthlessly pulling them up by the roots.







An hour's work fills several garbage bins - which are picked up weekly by the city and composted.

 I compost some - but I've started putting the weeds and invasive flowers out for city pick-up. I don't want to risk spreading them around in my garden again - once I've gone to all the work of pulling them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment