Monday, September 26, 2016

Article on Richard Gill, Potter

A few summers ago, I took a pottery workshop with Richard Gill in his studio in the village of Burnstown, a forty-five minute drive from Ottawa.

During the workshop, I made this wall plaque of Peggy's Cove - based on a photo I had taken on a visit to Nova Scotia.
















Over the years, I have bought several of Richard's pottery pieces. I particularly like his book ends... With so many books around, I find them useful and attractive.









Recently, going through some of my mother's old magazines before throwing them out, I was surprised to come across this old article on Richard Gill in a 1982 edition of Canadian Geography!









(He looked a little younger then!)

Interestingly, his pottery style hasn't really changed...















I'll have to put this copy aside to give to Richard next time I visit his Burnstown studio - perhaps next week some time when his latest pottery creations will be on display, starting this coming Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment