Sunday, June 28, 2015

When the Way Ahead Isn't Clear...

"When much is obscure to me, let me be all the more faithful to the little that I can clearly see: When the distant scene is clouded, let me rejoice that at least the next step is plain..." (John Baillie)

Uncertainty is hard to live with, especially when contemplating major life changes, like a career switch or a move (like some I know are contemplating)...

My life is free of major decisions at the moment, but even small ones (like determining how to finish this quilt) require thought...

My strategy? To sit and weigh my options for a while...  (in this case, the fabric options... Do any of the colors I've placed near the quilt jump out at me as interesting fabrics for a border?)

If not, I'll postpone deciding for a while and simply quilt the part that's done...  Eventually the next step will become clear...


If not... after a while, I may ask myself: What's holding me back?! Do I want to do something that seems crazy?! Is that really what I want to do?!

Then I may take a leap of faith and follow my instincts! (Sometimes my instincts are smarter than me!)

I often use the same strategy with major life decisions, when I can't decide what to do. I often make a list of pros and cons... and wait a while. Then I follow my instincts: Same strategy - different situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment