Friday, November 28, 2014

Pet Peeve: Shampoos...

One of my pet peeves is: Companies that discontinue making MY favorite shampoos!

Whenever I grow attached to a shampoo, it is discontinued. Years ago, I loved Revlon's Flex shampoo - but for some reason they chose to discontinue it. (It appears to be available online - but is it the same product?! I'm not sure that it isn't a knockoff.) After it was discontinued, it took me years to find another shampoo I liked!

The same happened, when I started to use Halsa Merigold Shampoo. My hair was beginning to turn grey, and the merigold in the shampoo made it look less silver, more golden! One day I could no longer find the shampoo on the shelf... I rushed around to all the drugstores nearby and bought up the few remaining bottles I could find, but eventually they were all used up!

I don't currently have a "favorite shampoo" - not for lack of looking!

I recently decided that the time has come for me to use up all the shampoos I have here in the house. Samples from hotel stays...











Unfinished bottles I have bought but been dissatisfied with: the smell is too strong, my hair doesn't look right... It's always something!..
















In my collection, I have two bottles I don't know quite what to do with: this "caffeine shampoo" I bought in England and haven't had the courage to try, even though I bought it because it claims to "stimulate hair roots," preventing hair loss... It sounds a little drastic!












 

And this other bottle I found upstairs in my son's bathroom. He brought it back from Russia when he was there 10 years ago. Is it shampoo? It's in a Nivea bottle that says "hair care" - but other than that, nothing is written in English!

One of these days, I'll have to try it and find out!

(But I don't dare get attached to any of these brands. Whenever I do, they will surely be discontinued!)

No comments:

Post a Comment