Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Farmers Market

I attended the last weekly Farmers' Market at Carp last Saturday...
 
(There will be a special indoor Christmas market on December 5th.)










The weather was a little chilly, but that didn't deter the many children...
















... and a few animals...














 


... in Halloween costumes!









 






(There were treats for all!)















I finally tried a food favorite of the market: Bacon on a Bun! (Usually the lines are too long.)








 




I ordered mine with egg and cheese as well - but the basic version is just that: a bun full of bacon!

My verdict? Once is enough!







 


I was tempted to buy some winter squash...









 


(They reminded me of squash I had painted a year ago.)

We reluctantly said good-bye a weekly seasonal event we enjoy. I'll miss the "English Pie lady's" Eccles cakes and the "farmer's wife" who makes delicious pies. Terry will miss talking to his "corn man" and "maple syrup guy."

Hopefully they'll all be back next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment