Monday, August 10, 2009

Peach Season is here!














Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruit. I often buy 2 ot 3 baskets of local Ontario peaches at a time and let them ripen in the dining room. (Ontario peaches grow near Niagara Falls, in southern Ontario.) The smell of ripening peaches reminds me to check them every day, to see which juicy ones are ready to eat.














Today several were over-ripe, so I decided to cut them up, remove the bad spots, and stew them up with a few frozen blueberries. Once they cook a bit, I will cover them with crumb topping and bake mini peach and blueberry crisps. I always have a container of crumb topping - ready for fruit crisp - in the fridge.














For breakfast today, I cut up several peaches, topped the fruit with cereal, and poured milk over it all.














It's one of my favorite summer breakfasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment