Saturday, August 22, 2009

Carp Farmers' Market

We happened to be at the Carp Farmers' Market the day they were celebrating GARLIC...














There was garlic fudge - which I didn't try. (See the chalkboard sign in the picture...)














After walking around all the stands, I bought some English pastries - made with extra garlic - tomatoes and fresh corn on the cob.














I also purchased an elegant cake from a bakery called The Girl with the Most Cake. It will be a perfect gift...














The market is so big, you could actually get lost there... which is probably why they have an information booth.














The Carp Farmers' Market is at least ten times bigger than the one at North Gower (which I wrote about last Saturday) ...














... But I like both equally well.














I enjoy seeing who made (or grew) the food I buy - and supporting these small businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment