Friday, August 7, 2009

My New "Cottage Industry"

It doesn't take long for a hobby to turn into a "cottage industry"...














After making a few flower cards last week, I got inspired to create a few more: I find the "learning curve" - figuring out which program works best - takes me so long, I may as well keep going once I find the program that works.

For the small cards, I went to the Avery website and downloaded their template, since I was using Avery brand cards. For the big cards, I used software that came on the computer. It was intended for album pages. I chose one for 2 pictures, then left the bottom picture space blank. But I had to remember to turn the picture upside down so that it would face the edge, not the fold! Next time, I think I'll try an Avery template for the big ones too.

Now that I have this supply of flower cards - what to do with them?!

Hostess gifts? Personal thank-you notes?An online Etsy store? Not sure yet! But my little "cottage industry" has been a lot of fun.

My next project will be an album of flowers in my garden - with names of the flowers next to them, as I never seem to be able to remember their names!

No comments:

Post a Comment