Saturday, April 15, 2023

Virtual Walking

My main exercise these days is walking - often indoors in a large mall. Going around three floors once logs me about 5000 steps on my pedometer.

Mall walking is great. The temperature is always pleasant. The window displays are interesting. And I can fit in some shopping as well!

I do miss travel - but I've found an interesting virtual substitute...


An app that lets me (virtually) go on walks I'd really like to take (but probably never will).


There is a cost involved. But I'm hoping it will be worth it... a learning experience. And when I'm done, I'll get a medal as well!

My first trek is called the "Jesus Trail."

Here's a link, if you want to find out more: https://www.theconqueror.events/r/MH982161

It's a virtual walk from Nazareth to the Sea of Galilee. The app positions me on a map and provides interesting information about sites I pass slong the way.


Every step I log on my pedometer gets automatically transferred to my virtual walk. It's possible to enter steps manually into the virtual walk app as well.

I got as far as Cana in Galilee on my second day. My app tells me I'm 1/5 of the way to my destination.

I lived in Israel as a university student. But that was a long time ago. Things have changed. I've been to both Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. But never at a leisurely pace. I always drove there quickly - usually by bus. This time, I'm taking my time - one step at a time - aiming for 5 kms day.

No comments:

Post a Comment