Saturday, April 29, 2023

Mermaid Suit



A few weeks ago, my soon-to-be-7-year-old granddaughter said: "Grandma, do you know what I want for my birthday? I want a mermaid suit." After a pause, she added: "They probably have them at Toys R Us."

"Really?! A mermaid suit?"

But - for some reason, Grandma forgot about this little conversation - until a week before the big day. Then ... panic!!


There were no mermaid suits at our local Toys R Us. But there were patterns for knit and crocheted mermaid suits online... (However, time was running short!)

A search through my yarn stash yielded a partly-finished striped afghan and a ball of yarn that could possibly become a mermaid tail fin.

A day later, it was done...


I gave it to her a few days early... 

I hope she likes being a "reading mermaid" - lying or sitting on her bed. It's definitely not for water! 

I added a glittery hairbrush to go with it.... 


Don't mermaids sit on rocks and brush their hair?!


No comments:

Post a Comment