Saturday, April 22, 2023

Printer Dilemma

We have several printers in our basement. My daughter gave us hers to store. She rarely needs it in her home office. Everything she creates is simply transferred online. 

But I'm not sure how useful it is to me, as it only prints in black and white - which is of limited help when I download crafting patterns, some of which are color-coded.

For years now I've been using a printer that works well enough, though it is no longer supported by my computer. If I connect the printer and computer with a cable, it still works. But now I’ve run out of ink!

Maybe I should replace it and get a new one. It’s not perfect: it used to work wirelessly -  until we switched  internet providers. 

Another problem: I can no longer buy ink cartridges for it in stores. (Though I can purchase large bundles of unofficial cartridges online. Should I order another bundle?)



Should I look for a printer that has ink tanks instead of cartridges - like this one that my neighbour Earl has? No more hunting for cartridges, in that case. Just add more ink.

I hard for me to know what to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment