Monday, April 10, 2023

Mary's Winter Quilting Project


I don't talk to neighbours much over the winter, but I happened to hear that, while I've been trying to master mosaic crochet, my neighbour, Mary has been busy quilting. 

Send me some pictures, I asked her - and tell me about the project. 

This is what she shared:

Late last year, when my friend here in Ottawa found out that our friend's daughter in western Ontario was having a baby, I suggested that I could make a quilt.



The pattern is from a quilt designer in Winnipeg with a company called The Blanket Statement (https://theblanketstatement.ca/).  I really liked the pattern in general for a larger quilt but when it came to the baby quilt size, the pattern was turned sideways and not logical for me who likes symmetry.  So I changed the look a bit.



The quilt is made from one single patch x 12 turned in various directions.  The finished product is approximately 36 x 48 inches (92 x 122 cm).

I really didn't want to make a pink quilt in this day and age but we found out that they had already painted the baby's room in a light pink.  I also didn't want to make the quilt too babyish since she is only having one child. My hope is that it can be used as a lap quilt (or blankie) for several years. 

Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment