Tuesday, December 14, 2021

“Millennial” Meal?!

“Millennials” are the kids who reached adulthood in the early 21st century... so, by that definition, all three of my kids are “Millennnials” - though it’s a term that none of them like - I  don’t know why.

My daughter has a different eating style than me. She used to be vegetarian - but no longer is... She often eats avocado on toast - with an egg on top - poached or fried. Sometimes a poached egg on a bed of kale...

Recently I had some avocado on hand, so I  made this breakfast for myself. It’s something I used to eat from time to time... poached egg on toast... but with avocado added.

A healthy breakfast...

When I shared a photograph of my effort, my daughter suggested I add a dash of nutritional yeast - give it a cheesy flavour. So I did...











I also sent this photo to my son. 

What are you? A Millennial? he replied.

So now I’m confused: Why is this breakfast “millennial“? Is it the avocado? (You can’t see the nutritional yeast...)


No comments:

Post a Comment