Saturday, December 18, 2021

Adam’s Ale and Silver Tea

Back in my teaching days, I remember telling a student that I loved coffee - and I probably drank too much of it. She replied that her favourite drink was “Adam’s Ale.”

Never heard of it, I told her. Where do you get it?











From the kitchen tap, she said with a smile. 

***

My mother had a friend who always drank a hot cup of “silver tea” before going to bed. 











My mother thought it was a healthy habit, so she started drinking it, too... And, like her friend, she didn’t call it hot water. She called it “silver tea”!

***

Trying to develop healthier food habits, I do now drink a glass of cold water (Adam’s Ale) before my first cup of coffee in the morning. 

I haven’t started drinking “silver tea” yet - though I do occasionally think about it, especially now that cooler weather is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment