Sunday, December 19, 2021

Favourite Family Salad











I have been trying to eat more vegetables. A while back I started experimenting with salads, trying to find one that was delicious and EASY...

After a lot of trial and error, I now make one that my older son and I both love - though Terry is not be as enamoured with it as we are. Our son often requests that I have one waiting for him when he comes over - which is why I refer to it as a “family favourite”!

The salad is made in individual bowls. 











I start with pre-washed spinach - I load each individual bowl with it. On top of that I toss 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes and some thinly sliced raw onion. 

Then I add crumbled feta cheese - if I’m making it for my son - or, for me, pieces of halloumi cheese, fried until brown. Sometimes I add small pieces of meat, such as cooked chicken. (As in the picture.) Then I sprinkle a few dried cherries or craisins on top of that.

But the clincher is the dressing... So easy! Equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Nothing else!

We never tire of it! But you probably have to be a fan of balsamic vinegar to enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment