Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer Quilting

The hottest week of the summer is upon us...

There are a lot of things I could be doing, but I feel inspired to ... QUILT!

After finishing my last quilt, a few weeks ago (a quilt top that had been sitting for a year or more) I am excited to see what can be done with some of the other scraps I have.












Years ago, one of my quilting neighbors gave me her stash of odds and ends.

Then recently, I bought a new quilting book entitled Quilt as You Go Made Modern... and the ideas have begun to churn!








I'm starting with a quilt made of reversible squares that are joined with sashing. It's a pattern I made before - not one found in my new book, though the book reminded me of it.

I prefer working with smaller pieces. Hopefully I'll like it in the end!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the beginnings of something warm and cozy! I really want to try quilt as you go technique. I just heard of "tube quilting" that uses strips of fabric that I want to try as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE
    Enjoy! Pat from Brossard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the very interesting tutorial. I can't wait to give it a try! If this hot weather continues, I think I'll just keep on quilting!

    ReplyDelete