Friday, July 17, 2015

Mid-July Flowers

Mid-July is my favorite time of the summer - it's when our garden is at its brightest.

Early spring flowers are gone, though this mass of low-lying purple geraniums, that began to bloom in spring, is still blooming near the white daisies.

I'm thinking of dividing them and adding them to other parts of the yard.

I love it when flowers last that long!





In shadier parts of the yard, the hostas have filled out and are beginning to flower.











Masses of yellow coreopsis, white daisies and orange lilies brighten the yard.











Less showy are the red knautia, also in bloom.
















There are a few brown-eyed Susans here and there in the yard. They resemble the white daisies, but I'm not sure if they're part of the same botanical "family."









At this time of the summer, my favorite garden view is driving down the street, welcomed by the giant "bouquets" of orange lilies and white daisies that flank the driveway. I look forward to their arrival ... and miss them when they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment