Sunday, October 5, 2014

Time - Time - Time

I'm not as stressed by time as I used to be, when I had a full-time job. That's one of the benefits of retirement. But occasionally I wonder why certain chores don't get done. (Do I lack time - or am I avoiding work I don't want to do?!)

But the other day, I came across the idea of wasting time three times, one after the other, in three different places! (Is there a message for me in this?!!)

Joyce Meyer, in one of her talks, commented that time, like money, is a limited commodity. We need to take care how we spend it. 

Later I received an email informing me of an upcoming Benedictine symposium on "The Gift of Time, the Rule of St. Benedict, and the Ordering of our Lives." The first lecture is entitled "Time: the Forgotten Spiritual Gift." The symposium is being organized by the same group that organized the Benedictine Experience I attended in Canterbury last year.

Then in the book, Learning to Walk in the Dark, author Barbara Brown Taylor describes her feelings, sitting in the dark, watching the moon rise - something she hasn't done in years, because she has been too busy. 

Am I also too busy - too preoccupied - and missing out on special moments that come my way? Perhaps I need to be reminded to be more mindful of how I spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment