Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kingston Farmers Market

Last Saturday we stopped by the Kingston Farmers Market before heading to Toronto for Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.


They were giving away free shopping bags. We were glad to take home the souvenir.

















Terry - as usual - headed over to talk to a maple syrup vendor. (I was more intrigued by these ornamental pepper plants. Could I get one home safely? I decided not to try.)










I did get some baked goods to take to Toronto.









 



This farm-fresh produce was tempting. I'd have bought some had we been heading home.











I did stop and admire these Savoy cabbages (displayed on the windshield of the farmer's truck) which reminded me of the one I painted a year ago in my art class.














Do the pumpkins, gourds and squash signal the end of the Farmers Market for another season? The end is in sight! Kingston's outdoor market is open three days a week from April to November.


 


 





This must be one of Canada's oldest public markets - it has been around since 1801!



As usual, a fun place to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment