Friday, October 14, 2011

Tree Decision

Squirrels keep busy planting seeds around our house - and they keep me busy cutting down the tiny trees that sprout up all over the yard! I can usually identify saplings once they're about two years old - when they start to look like trees. If I didn't cut them down, our yard would soon become a forest!


















Just the other day, I was wandering around, cutting down saplings - when I noticed this tiny sumac growing beside some tiger lilies...


















...near where we once had two sumacs trees - before we cut them down to widen the driveway.


















The children called them their "climbing trees" as their branches were low, so they were easy to stand on. (I was hoping to find a picture of them climbing one - but I could only find this one of them playing with a sumac behind them.)


















Seeing it grow here fills me with nostalgia... Maybe I'll leave this one and let it grow... for old time's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment