Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Making a Crocheted Wire Necklace

I wasn't looking for a new craft... (I have too many unfinished projects!)

But when I saw some crocheted metal necklaces by Arielle de Pinto at Reborn in Old Montreal, I was intrigued...

Could I make something similar? I wondered...

The short answer is: NO!

I tried... but crocheting a metal chain into a tight row is harder than it looks!

But in my search for delicate chain (suitable for crocheting) in local beading stores, I came across the art of crocheting beaded necklaces using fine wire... so I signed up for a class...

It was a lot of fun learning how to take a bag of beads and a spool of wire...














... string the beads onto the wire and crochet it into...














... this!


















I'm not really a necklace person, but I think I'll wear this one - it's fun!

(And of course - I bought a second bag of beads so that I can try another one at home... This is how crafting passion begins!)

No comments:

Post a Comment