Friday, October 7, 2011

Jean-Paul Gaultier Fashion in Montreal

I recently attended an interesting fashion retrospective...














Some of the more extravagant creations of French designer Jean-Paul Gaultier...














... at the Museum of Beaux Arts...


















... in Montreal.














It wasn't a fashion show...


















Instead, it showed how designer Jean-Paul Gaultier pushed the concept of clothing to the limit!


















(The stripes in the dress above consist of rows of white buttons!)


















But it was fun to see...


















Mannequins that seemed alive, talking... (at times singing)


















Why would anyone design such strange clothing? I kept asking myself...


















I had to remind myself that the designer's personal philosophy was: WHY NOT?

No comments:

Post a Comment