Friday, March 25, 2011

Discovering a Great New Snack: Mission Figs

I often snack on dried fruit, especially apricots and dates. But I've never really been a fan of figs.

All that changed recently when I decided to try figs of a darker color: Mission figs from California...














Attracted by their soft (rather than leathery) texture, I decided to give them a try... And I loved them!














Wondering if this was due to the processing, I tried some pale colored Calimyrna figs packaged by the same company. (I had no idea there were so many different varieties of figs!)

Hmmm... Lots of seeds! Soft, but not as good...

No, it's the Mission figs I love!... My new snack favorite!

(It's always fun to discover new edible treats - especially healthy ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment