Saturday, March 19, 2011

Almost Spring

When I started this post, I tentatively named it: "Suddenly Spring." The weather was supposed to warm up quickly... and of course, wouldn't that mean a dramatic end to our snow?! That's what I hoped to capture with my pictures!

After a major snow storm in early March...














...the weatherman was promising spring...














This last Monday it started to warm up: +1 Celsius (or 34 degrees Fahrenheit)...














Tuesday reached +5 degrees Celsius (or 41 degrees Fahrenheit) ...but the snow isn't disappearing as quickly as I'd like! (Perhaps I'm being a bit impatient!)













Wednesday: rainy but the same temperature as Tuesday. (And my neighbor's garage roof is still covered with snow.)














Thursday: Not a lot of improvement!














Finally Friday, the last of the roof snow is gone! The temperature has at times reached 10 degrees Celsius (50 Fahrenheit)... so I can't complain!














But the front view only tells part of the story...














There are bare patches all over the yard...














And puddles under the hedge.

Not as dramatic as I had hoped! But still a welcome change!


No comments:

Post a Comment