Sunday, June 28, 2009

Soft Food

I was recently put on a soft food diet for several weeks - dentist's orders... Until then, I had never realized how much texture (as well as taste) adds to eating pleasure.

I went online for food ideas... (Some people have to eat soft food for much longer than me, I discovered - so I stopped feeling sorry for myself!)

But what could I eat?!! Well, there's cottage cheese and yogurt, foods I do like. But not for EVERY meal EVERY day!

Here is a selection of some of the foods I've been enjoying...














Lots of blended fruit drinks - banana, berries, cocoa powder, milk, soy beverage, ground almonds and crushed flax seed. These drinks taste good but they don't keep me full for long.



















My two most "normal" meals are:
1. cheese and tomato omlette - nice with a glass of V8.
2. several tablespoons of liver sausage, tomatoes cut into TINY pieces, and chopped up pasta.














I also haven been eating rice pudding... (I'm not sure if the raisins were necessary - I really can't taste them unless I bite them!)














One surprise food "invention" was broken up pieces of cranberry bran muffin - covered with milk. This breakfast "pudding" tasted better than most dry cereals! (Graham wafers softened in a dish of milk also taste good...)














And of course, there's apple sauce (in different flavors) ...














And chocolate pudding.














Also baby food... which is pretty bland - not to mention expensive, for very little food!

I haven't cooked mashed potatoes, yet - it's been too hot - but if it cools down, I'll make some mashed or blended cooked vegetables.

One of the "problems" of this soft-food diet is that some people tend to lose weight on it... If that "problem" happens to me - I'll embrace it as a fair pay-off for all the tasty meals I've been missing!

Oh yes, and there are soft food ideas online too - I found some at this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment