Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hello June!

The month of May was stressful for me... I had to empty my mother's apartment by the end of the month - and there were heavy items I didn't know what to do with, things I have no room for - or use for - in my own home. I wanted them to go to people who would appreciate them.

So my blood sugar went up (stress does that, I guess) and I woke up nights in a panic... (I'm the worrying type when things are beyond my control.)

Eventually my frantic prayers were answered! Last week, I found a young lover of music who was delighted to have my parents' organ. Another friend needed a micro-wave oven...

Eventually the whole place was cleared on time, before midnight May 31.














Yesterday I handed in the keys, marking the end of an era in my mother's life - an era of almost 7 years when she lived in this apartment building, her first in Ottawa, before downsizing into active retirement-home living, where she is so busy, it's hard to find her in her room. She signs up for almost every activity going!

Yesterday's rain, for example, postponed a planned picnic till today - so she was looking forward to that. She also loves the daily exercise class and musical singalongs in the lounge.

So life has, in many respects, improved for her: no more housework or meal preparation. She has new friends, more activities, fewer aches and pains.

And for me, the burden of emptying her apartment has lifted.

So GOOD-BYE, May - and HELLO June. I'm looking forward to getting my life back to normal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment