Monday, June 29, 2009

My (Personal) Secret for Finding Things

I am constantly losing things (or, rather, misplacing them...) In any event, I am often running around looking for things I can't find. A favorite used to be my keys... I was always trying to hunt them down.

Over the years, I have developed a strategy or two to help me find my misplaced items.

After a few minutes of fruitless panic, rushing around, I eventually stop and ask myself, If I were to put them away now, where would I put them?

And surprisingly I usually go straight to where they are.

But as for my keys - looking for them became frustrating and time-consuming - as I'd drop them unconsciously somewhere in the house. And I'd begin looking for them just as I was rushing out the door. So I found an almost fool-proof strategy to avoid losing my keys: I now tie them to my purse with a lanyard or string! And fortunately, I rarely misplace my large purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment