Monday, February 23, 2009

My Tea Collection















I'm a coffee drinker who only occasionally makes a pot of tea , so tea lingers much longer in my cupboard than coffee. But, sorting through the various packages of tea in my cupboard, I was surprised to discover how many kinds I had collected.

One of my favorite kinds of tea is jasmine tea which was introduced to me by Wing Kam, a student from Hong Kong. According to Ten Ren Tea, Jasmine tea is green tea which has been scented with jasmine flowers. When the tea is picked and set to dry, jasmine flowers are layered on top of the tea leaves to impart some of their lovely scent. The red package on the right has jasmine flowers mixed in with the tea leaves.















I also like ordinary green tea. My favorite was China Green Tea from a company called Universal. I only had one package of it - by the time I realized that I really liked it, I couldn't remember where I had bought it! I have carried around the top of the package for years, trying unsuccessfully to find the same tea! It could be my favorite - if I could find it again!















I don't usually like English Breakfast tea, but if I were stranded on a deserted island with only one type of tea, I would want to have President's Choice English Breakfast Tea. The package I have was the gift of a student. I like spicy tea, too, like this Israeli Masala Chai, but the Twilight South African Redbush is a little too spicy for my taste buds! I even have a package of Ikea rhubarb vanilla organic tea, which is nice for a change of taste.















I wonder - in my quest to completely use up all my tea before buying any more - how many years will it take before all this tea is used up?

No comments:

Post a Comment