Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is Spring Perhaps Here?

Is it possible that Terry and the groundhog were both wrong on February 2, when they both predicted six more weeks of winter?

That was just nine days ago, and when I stepped outside today, there was definitely a spring feeling in the air! No, I didn't see budding trees or flowers sprouting out of the ground. But the weather was 9 degrees Celsius (that's 48 degrees Fahrenheit) And I did see puddles...















And after three months of winter, that's a sign of encouragement!















The paths were bare of snow.















There was a bare spot under the pine tree.

Now the next landmark will be when the ice clears off the road - and I'll be able to walk around my neighborhood again without fear of falling!















But for now, I'm not risking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment